UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Woolverton like Rode Hill was part of the Rode major group of parishes. The church was declared redundant at the same time as Christ Church, Rode Hill and both buildings have found alternative uses.
We acquired the two medieval bells and both have been relocated. The ex-Woolverton treble has been hung as a service bell at Holy Trinity, Bradford-on-Avon and the tenor bell has been hung for full-circle ringing at Buscot, Oxfordshire where it is now the treble of a ring of four bells.
Rode Hill, Somerset, Christ Church
Like many redundant churches in England, the costs of repair by far exceeded the parishes income. The Victorian building was erected in 1824 and has two polygonal turrets at the west end. The bell cast in 1823 by John Rudhall was hung for static chiming in the Southern turret; there being insufficient room to swing the bell. The Trust acquired the bell after the church was declared redundant and it is now the tenor of a new ring of six bells at Menangle, NSW, Australia.
The congregation of Christ Church now worship at the parish church of St Lawrence, Rode.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|