UK Registered Charity Number: 1154107
Conservation by Re-use
Helping churches acquire surplus and/or redundant bells to be hung for
English-style full-circle bell-ringing.
Buckland Dinham, Somerset
St Michael & All Angels
The ring of six bells had been unringable from the 1950’s until the completion of an ambitious restoration program in 1994 to replace the rotten bell-frame and augment to eight bells. The heavier of the two ex-St Paul’s, Bristol bells is now the 2nd of the ring. This bell is the first bell donated by our trustees.
Surviving church records tell of local ringers being paid 5 shillings for beer, for ringing on November 5th each year in memory of the 1605 Gunpowder Plot. This tradition was kept up until 1878.
|Trust donations - Church gallery|
|Rings of bells|
|Bell-frames & fittings|
|UK - Redundant church gallery|
|UK - Bells for chiming|
|Overseas - Bells for Chiming|
|John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum|
|The Sound of Bells|
|ex-Trinity House buoy bells|
|Relocating Redundant Church Bells|
|UK Bell-founders & hangers|
|Our Internet Service Provider|